We attended the 7th EVI-GTI Gas Turbine Instrumentation conference at the Millennium Hotel in London.
There were a number of interesting articles covering many aspects of measurement in the Gas Turbine Industry. EMTD led the Blade Tip Timing standards committee meeting although this was limited to conference attendees where the aims of the ISA107.1 group were re-visited and a request for volunteers to head some of the work packages was made.
To support some of the work being undertaken in the ISA 107.1 EMTD have launched a call for potential partners for a Horizon 2020 project.
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that this money will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market.
We are working with Loughborough University of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering to define the project and work packages. We have gained support from a number of large companies who have shown an interest in our outline proposal.
What and who we are seeking?
- Potential collaborators/industrial partners.
- Involvement with H2020 Calls.
- Organisations interested in instrumentation, health monitoring, advanced sensors and method validation.
- Software companies in FEM, CFD arena, sensor developers, mechanical test houses.
- End Users.
What are the market opportunity are we addressing?
- Encouraging market opportunity.
- Reduce costs of health monitoring systems projects.
- Validating new technology and methods for the supply chain.
- Creating new standards for applying measurement technology providing consistent & repeatable product certification data.
- Defining & validating the relationship between FEM, CFD and measurement.
Any company wishing to have more details please contact